come out sun!
here is a little about the process:
i used all cedar and bought it all at Lowes
1-2"x6"x16' cut into 4 pieces
as i mentioned before, i was inspired by Miss Mary Mary's cedar bed, so i pretty much just followed along with her plans.
i dug out holes for the posts, and then my mom and i carried it over to it's spot.
i put down a thick layer of cardboard first,
because there were lots of weeds back where the old garden was.
and then it took a lot (i mean A LOT A LOT!!) of dirt, manure (i used sheep manure) and peatmoss to fill it up.
the one thing i would change if i could do it again is that the screws i used were 3" so the ends stuck out a little, which meant that i couldn't put the screws in from the inside... for some reason i was really worried that the 2.5" screws wouldn't be long enough, but i wish I would have used them because then i would have been able to hide most of my screws.
also, because i had my end pieces cut at Lowes, they were slightly off, so while i still always wish i had my own saw at home, it worked well enough to be happy with the finished product. i probably could have asked for more specific measurements if i had been super concerned about the final product.
once that sun starts a shining, i'll get a pic of it and the rest of the gardens my mom pretty much did all on her own!!