Thursday, January 03, 2013

it's a new year!

wow.

2013.

it's funny to watch old tv sitcoms from the 80's where they think that by this time we will have hover-cars and robot butlers and all kinds of crazy "futuristic" things.

not so much!

i've been working out a small list of resolutions in my head, mostly i like to pick fairly achievable ones as i like to cross things off my lists :)

someecards.com - Thanks for not laughing at my absurdly unattainable New Year's resolutions

so in no particular order, here are some:

1-to finally stop biting my nails for good -- disgusting habit, even more so when you are a nurse. blech.
2-to go outside with the girls in the winter! -- this is tricky for me, i don't like being cold and it seems like a tremendous amount of work to bundle up 2 littles when i don't want to be outside in the first place!
3-to get back into cloth diapering -- i was a cloth fiend with Isla, and i had a pretty decent start with Megan, but kind of fell off for awhile (mostly they get cleaned and then live on top of the dryer for weeks at a time!)
4-to sew some things -- really i just want to sew, anything at all.
5-to read 40 books this year -- as mentioned here.


so, those are a few of my resolutions... do able, but i also know that i have to be intentional about them all.

i like that.

3 comments:

aimes said...

kate i stopped biting my nails the trick is to go to shoppers and get mavala stop if you bite your nails when you have the nail polish on it tastes awful the directions just say apply one coat but for a nail biter like me i had to reapply every day because every time you apply it the taste gets worse its been a month now you can do it if can do it you can

Mary said...

Isaac and I will go outside with you and the girls. We're fans. Also, I got an awesome sewing book for Christmas from Melissa - all one-yard projects.
Mary

katevp-a said...

woo hoo! thanks ladies :)

this puts my resolutions off to an even more attainable start!