Friday, September 12, 2008

She plays wipe out on the drums
The squirrels and the birds come
Gather 'round to sing the guitar
Oh - I...have you got nothing to say
When all words fail, she speaks
Her mix tapes a masterpiece
Walks through the garden
So the roses can see
Oh - I ... have you got nothing to say

And you can see the roses in her footsteps
Dandelions, butterflies
I wanna be Kate

Everyday she wears the same thing
I think she smokes pot
She's everything I want
She's everything I'm not
Oh - I ... have you got nothing to say

She never gets wet
She smiles and it's a rainbow
And she speaks and she breathes
I wanna be Kate

Down by Rosemary and Cameron
She hands out the Bhagavad Gita
I see her 'round every couple days
I wanna meet her so that I can say, "Hey Kate..."

by Ben Folds, Darren Jessee, and Anna Goodman

No comments: