Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year!

2010, wowee!

Christmas this year with the VP ladies was quite fabulous, it was mom and the gals for about 5 days sans Thom and Alex (we love Alex!!).

(here we are 3 1/2 years ago at my wedding)


with just the girls hanging out, we had lots of fun, we had a lunch visit with my Grandad and Gramma-Mary (my dad's parents), shopping and Rozzaroo and I went to the lovely Stuart. Fabulous as per usual and we were blown away by Matt Andersen, a man with the most phenomenal voice!!

Thom and Alex both arrived in the Hammer on the 23rd.

Thom's arrival coincided with a great tale of Dani patting a taxi drivers hair (decongestants and wine apparently do not mix!), I was a quilting fiend, I finished the baby quilt for baby Samuel, and mostly finished a beautiful ocean quilt for lovely auntie Maureen. It will be completely done when I visit next.

Thom and I also got to spend a few days with his family in C'ford.

Then back to Ottawa to relax and for Thom to head back to work for a few days.

So, it being the New Year, the resolutions are in full swing. While I am not entirely sold on the idea of new year's resolve, I do believe that any opportunity for change and growth is great.
so the resolutions are as follows:

  • My lovely friend Amanda A. and I are partaking in a fitness boot camp. 3 times a week for 3 months... at 6:15 am. yikes! Our first morning was this morning, and it was pretty intense. My legs are hurting a bit and my abs get pretty sore when I laugh.
We'll see how much worse it is tomorrow!
  • I plan to have more regular updates in the shop and on the blog.
  • Thom and I want to be more hospitable, to have people into our home for dinner at least 2-3 times a month
  • I also want to be a better journaller, I think making some of my own journals will help with that process. similar to those of ms. Pam Garrison
I'm not sure what else, but I'll let you know if I come up with anymore.

So, it was back to school today, and oh how much I love school and my 15 classmates!

hurray!

What are your new year's resolutions?


No comments: