Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Breast Team Ever

Just to let everyone know. This Sunday (oct. 1) I will be participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure. There are a group of us in Ottawa, and Robyn Bright is our team captain. (her husband Noah came up with the name!-i believe that is nurses humour coming through-)
I will be walking 5 km with Catherine Lisimaque.

If you would like to support me and research to find a cure for breast cancer you can donate online here. Or you can find me and donate in person. A lot of people have been giving around 5-10 dollars and it adds up quickly.

Thanks for your support!!

Kate

2 comments:

Ben & Maryann Roebuck said...

Go Team! If I were there, I'd be walking/running right beside you!
-Maryann

AmyD said...

Hi Kate....just read your message to Maryann on her and Ben's blog about you not liking what you thought you'd like....and I just wanted to let you know that the exact same thing happened to me....I always thought that all I would ever do was work in paediatrics (at Sick Kid's or something) and it didn't fit for me at all!!! haha I ended up in Labour and Delivery and had never thought of it prior to spending a day there in practical....so...I learned that there is a very good reason we do placements in all areas...because you never know what fits! Now, I can't imagine it any other way!!!