Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10: what i love about my job

i've just recently started back at work post mat-leave.

i was a little nervous about going back.
i didn't love my job before going off, it was there, i enjoyed my coworkers, it paid the bills.

but i definitely didn't love it.

but, since i have been back, a surprising thing has happened, i am really and truly enjoying my job.
it is fascinating and stretching and rewarding.

the thing i love the most (and probably no surprise here)
is talking to new parents.
(i don't love giving those little wee ones immunizations, but you gotta do what you gotta do)

it is lovely to see how they are doing and listen to them gush about their wee ones.

i like the moments i get to sit down with any patient really.
it has been nice being back and having patients remember me 
(i was there for a fairly short time before i went off)

i saw a patient today that i have been waiting to see since i came back.
he is a joker and a teaser and a lovely man.

the patients are my favourite part, yes indeed.

No comments: