Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20: a childhood anecdote

this is a kind of silly, kind of sad little tale.

it's a reminder that kids don't always listen and often they think that they know best.

i will remind myself of this story when Isla is growing and getting into more things!

when i was about 7 or 8 years old
i remember that we often had pie at our chalet.
my favourite was (and still is!) lemon meringue.
mmmmmmmm!

we were having pie for desert and i was pretty confident i could get it out of the fridge.
my dad told me to leave it.

multiple times.

i was still so confident,
so into the fridge i went,
the pie, in it's little silver pie tin slid out,

and



promptly folded right in half and fell on the floor.

as you can imagine my dad was not happy, 
-nor was anyone else who was expecting to enjoy that pie, i'm sure!-

funny how we carry some of these stories with us isn't it?

such a non-significant event,
but so vivid in my mind.

No comments: