Thursday, November 03, 2011

Day 3: something i never leave the house without

wow,
i have been having a tremendously difficult time with this one.

i always forget my phone or wallet.
i often have to use Thom's car key cause i've lost mine.
even diapers i forget, and i don't always have Isla with me - especially now - *sniff*

i don't even think that there is one thing that i always check that i have.

this suddenly seems strange to me.

then i thought of this:

this is my engagement ring.
it was my mother's engagement ring,
and it was my grandma Elaine's engagement ring before that.
Elaine is my dad's mom, she died when my dad was 18.
this is a very special ring.

engraved in the ring it says
Terry to Elaine 1950

this is also an old ring.
i love it.

i do wear this every day.
even during my pregnancy when my fingers swelled and i had to take off my wedding band, this ring was still able to fit.

now in truth, 
the ring actually only says
Terry      Elaine 1950
this is because apparently i have fatter fingers than my grandma and my mom did.
which is funny, because if you know me, you know that i do not really have fat fingers.
i mean really, my ring size is 5 and a 1/2

tiny.

anyway, i love this ring.
it symbolizes history,
3 promises of love,
which includes the pledge of love that my husband made to me.


So Fawned 30 Days Hath November

No comments: